Practise using the present continuous tense at CEFR Level A2
When you have finished the test, click the ‘View questions’ button to see more feedback on your answers.
0 of 1 Questions completed
You have already completed the quiz before. Hence you can not start it again.
Quiz is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the quiz.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Arghhh! What happened ?
It looks like none of your answers were correct! You should replay the lesson before you continue.
Oh no! You can do better than that !
Review the lesson and then try taking this test again.
Not bad .
Perhaps you should look at the lesson again before you continue?
A good effort , but not great.
You should spend some time looking at the questions you answered incorrectly.
A very good effort !
Now you should review your answers to see which were correct and which were incorrect!
Well done! You got 100%!
That’s an excellent result !
Complete the present continuous exercises below to test your knowledge of the present continuous. Type in your answers in the spaces provided.
Part 1: Present continuous exercises – use the correct form of the present continuous to complete the sentences and question below.
Example: Right now I ______________ (take) a grammar test. Right now I am taking a grammar test.
1. John (watch) television in the lounge at the moment.
2. It’s a national holiday, so I (not work) today.
3. What is that noise? Someone (sing) very badly!
4. I’ll call you back, I (eat) dinner right now.
5. they still (sleep)? I can call again later.
Part 2: Present continuous exercises – use the correct form of the present continuous OR present simple to complete the sentences and questions below.
6. He isn’t here, he (visit) his sister in France.
7. This is a lovely meal – it (taste) delicious.
8. These flowers (smell) wonderful!
9. I (meet) my sister for lunch every Tuesday.
10. you (meet) Susan later?
11. He normally tells the truth but this time I (not believe) him.
12. I (read) a book about New Zealand at the moment – it looks like such a beautiful country.
13. What are you doing? I (check) my emails.
14. I’m sorry, I (not know) the answer to that question.
15. you (play) tennis very often?